Friday, September 23, 2011

Actually, I'm Still in the U.S.A.

So! I apologize that the title of my blog is no longer entirely accurate, but I thought it would be a good idea to start writing before I leave for England. While on the subject of apologies, I actually can't remember the last time I had to write something in first person, so I also apologize if at any point this is awkward to read, or ceases to make any sense whatsoever. I assure you, it is also pretty awkward for me to write from this perspective. Thanks college, you may have helped transform me into a decent writer, but I freeze when I have to include the word "I" in anything!
My bags are (mostly) packed, so Mike and I put them on the scale to make sure they were of the proper weight. Unsurprisingly, both suitcases were over by several pounds. American Airlines, you make it very difficult for a girl to pack a year's worth of clothes, shoes, and makeup! After some adjustments, I think I'm finally all set to leave. Its actually just starting to dawn on me - that is, the terrifyingly exciting prospect of leaving for an entire year. Am I antsy, nervous, anxious...? Of course. But more than anything, I am so excited to start a fresh year at a completely new university. Some not-so-great things have happened in Madison over the past year, but I am really looking forward to wiping the slate clean and moving to an entirely new place. I feel so fortunate to be able to take advantage of this opportunity!
My parents threw a going away party with the family last weekend, which was really nice. I'm glad I had a chance to see everyone together before I left, but saying goodbye was also very surreal. I don't know if it will necessarily sink in until I've already been in England for a few months.
After a long summer, I am really eager to start my year abroad at Warwick!



 Phantom Lake
Mukwonago, WI


See you on the other side of the pond!!

No comments:

Post a Comment